Late spring and early summer is termite swarming season for Marietta and metro Atlanta. Termites swarm because reproductive termites are forced out of their shelter tubes to mate and start new colonies.
SWAT Services provides inspection and treatment for these destructive home invaders. Termites do more damage to homes than wind, lightning and fire. And, the estimate for repairing termite damage in the US is over 5 billion dollars annually.
Termite damage is seldom covered by insurance. SWAT’s termite treatment program is designed to kill existing termites and protect your home from future infestations. Our treatments have a lifetime warranty for retreatment of any future active termite infestation and the repair of any damage caused by a future termite infestation. The warranty is renewable annually and is fully transferable to any subsequent owner of the property without payment of any transfer fees.
Minimize the Chances for Termite Damage
Homeowners in Atlanta can minimize their chances of a termite infestation by using these common sense guidelines during termite swarming season:
- Eliminate negative slope of soil at the exterior foundation and extend gutter downspouts away from the house to low point in yard.
- Choose your mulch wisely and avoid using wood chips adjacent to the foundation. Leave a 12 inch clearance from your foundation when placing mulch near your home.
- Do not store firewood next to the structure, even if you have a concrete slab adjacent to your home. If possible, store the firewood off the ground. Eliminate scrap wood and wooden debris near your home, under your deck or in your crawl space.
- Avoid using landscape timbers, railroad ties or other wooden materials that may serve as food for termites. If you feel the need to use these materials, leave space where the material joins the foundation.
- Adjust your sprinkler heads to avoid spraying water against the foundation of the house and use caution when watering in these areas.
- Eliminate all wood to ground contact at deck/porch support posts, step stringers and siding. You should be able to see the concrete footings at support posts and have discernable clearance at all siding, including cement fiber materials. Remove all cellulose debris from crawl spaces.
- Be careful when landscaping not to disturb any chemical from your termite treatment. If you dig up the soil around your foundation or make any additions to your house that changes the footprint of the house, call your termite company for re-treatment.
Eliminate Termites with SWAT Services
Metro Atlanta is considered a high risk area for the likelihood of a termite infestation. If you see swarmers, think you may have a termite infestation or simply want a free termite inspection, call SWAT Services at 770-565-SWAT. We’re your metro Atlanta pest control professionals. We’ll help you minimize and eliminate your termite problems.
SWAT Services (770) 565-7928